10.31.2004

Darn Skippy.

I'm so sick of being a student. There seems to be some sort of status to being a college or university student. It seems to justify having a crappy job, and a cheapo apartment, as well as looking all strubby and wearing pjs in public. These are definitely perks, but when you think about all of the work and time and life school absorbs, its hard to remain thrilled about this. I am up to my eyeballs in homework and reading...(who thought that being an English major would require reading....) I'm supposed to be writing a 2000 word paper on a discussion of "what is a Woman" according to Freud, De Beauvoir and Bourdieu...it was due on Thursday, but the class conspired before class on Tuesday and managed to bribe our prof into giving an extension to this Tuesday...you'd THINK that that would give me more time to write it and get it done...but being the hardcore procrastinator that I am, I am leaving it until the last moment. I'm gonna say that it is a great adrenaline rush to finish late at night the day before it is due...but I think I just have a pension for stress. My plan is to have an ulcer before Christmas break...and no life until then...

No comments: