7.30.2004

Blast from the Past.

I had a surreal experience the other day...I was at work, grinding beans, and I turned around, and was face-to-face with a character from a different time. Standing there at the counter was Victoria. We used to work together, and would hang out all the time. We had wicked fun...but then she quit and moved back to her parents' place when she found out that she was pregnant, and we drifted apart completely. So we had a brief catch-up chat, but it was busy and so I had to cut it short. But it got me thinking about things back then. I was very very different...I was Crazy Cass! Wild and crazy, but immature in many ways. I've changed a lot, and seeing her kind of made that actually sink in. I first met Russ back then..and all I told him is that he couldn't come out with us anymore because every time he came out with me and my friends, the dj would play crappy crappy music...its a good thing that he looked past that!!!....People that knew me then and now have told me I've changed a lot over the few years, and now, for the past day or two, I've been rolling everything around in my head...Have I changed for the better? I think so. Am I happier? Not necessarily, but definitely more comfortable with myself. I think that I needed to be who I was and experience what I did, to explore myself as well as the rest of the world. I'm sure this sounds completely cliched, but it's true. Its fascinating how one small moment in a "normal" day can ignite something so much bigger...

No comments: